Monday, January 5, 2009

Ocoee Outreach

This was one of the best weeks of my life, and I have been on alot of church trips. The ride up there was fun, I actually talked with Jeff and Mike alot. And Tennessee is just a beautiful state. Although the motion sickness got to me, Jeff tried to make it more fun. Now I have never seen a spiritual movement like I did in our youth group as I did in this week. Everyone was touched.

It started of Monday when they gave us our first house. I say first because we exceeded their expectations for us. They expected us to spend a whole week on Mrs. Bettie's house. We finished her house in a day and a half. And man was it a pain with the two different colors. We started on the new house after lunch on Tuesday. Mrs. Louise wasn't as nice as Mrs. Bettie. She didn't even come out of the house, and I don't think she was a Christian. Anyways, her house was alot more work. We had to fix alot of her siding because it was rotting. After that we did some roof work, and then painted her house. Friday we got off because we finished.

Now Tuesday night we went to a nursing home and I could see that the kinds were touched. Just the simplest of touches, or the fact that anyone would want to see them made the people smile. I myself heard some good stories. We had to drag one group out. Wednesday night we led service at a church, and it was alot of fun. We sang some good ole gospels, and we had an interactive service which I guess they have never done before but I could see they enjoyed.

Friday we went to Cade's Cove. It was so beautiful out there and we saw a bunch of wild turkey's, black bears, and deer. And the creek where we ate lunch was beautiful. =]]

I also learned how to play apples to apples on this trip, and actually won a game.

I had alot of fun on this trip and I am looking forward to next year and what surprises lay in store.

God bless. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment